Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/07/05 21:59:01 UTC

antlib'ed tasks and System.out/err

Hi,

as I've already written I have a problem where output sent to
System.out somehow doesn't reach the AntUnit task.

So far I have ot tracked down to the following scenario.

(1) We get a fireTaskStarted event for the AntUnit task, this attaches
the current thread to the task.

(2) This one is immediately followed by a fireTaskStarted for
"antlib".

(3) An fireTaskFinished evenet for "antlib" is fired - from here on no
task is associated with the current thread anymore.

(4) The actual AntUnit task gets executed.

(5) Output sent to System.out/err comes to project, this one doesn't
have any task associated with the thread and simply logs the output -
AntUnit never sees it.

I've not been deep enough into the code to understand what's going on,
but maybe describing the symptoms rings a bell with somebody else.  My
guess is that the fireTaskStarted/Finished for antlib are really just
implementation details of the delayed loading/parsing of Ant
descriptors.  If so, we should probably find a way to mask them.

Stefan