Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Armando Stellato <st...@info.uniroma2.it> on 2009/01/16 19:19:49 UTC

annotator based on regular expressions over (previous) annotations: state-of-work in UIMA?

Hi all,

>From a few posts, like the one at the following link:

http://osdir.com/ml/apache.uima.general/2008-05/msg00070.html

it seems that there is some interest in seeing such kind of processor in the
UIMA array of available components.

Since we're considering working on developing a new one, but would prefer
not to reinvent the wheel J, I'm asking if there is already someone doing
the same and, in case, get pointers to their work, know if it is available,
if it's still in work-in-progress etc.

Best regards,

Armando Stellato

Ing. Armando Stellato, PhD

AI Research Group,

Dept. of Computer Science, Systems and Production

University of Roma, Tor Vergata

Via del Politecnico 1 00133 ROMA (ITALY)

tel: +39 06 7259 7330 (office, room A1-14);

     +39 06 7259 7332 (lab)

fax: +39 06 7259 7460

e_mail: stellato@info.uniroma2.it

yahoo: stellato75

jabber(gtalk): stellato75@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>

skype: odnamar

R: R: annotator based on regular expressions over (previous) annotations: state-of-work in UIMA?

Posted by Armando Stellato <st...@info.uniroma2.it>.
Many Thanks DJ,

I'll surely go over it. One question: I saw on the FAQ that it is downloadable on a 90-days evaluation period. Is it going to be freely usable and/or open-source or not? In affirmative case, is there any way to go beyond evaluation if the user is satisfied?
Cheers,
Armando

Re: R: annotator based on regular expressions over (previous) annotations: state-of-work in UIMA?

  From:       "Armando Stellato" <st...@info.uniroma2.it>

  To:         <ui...@incubator.apache.org>

  Date:       17/01/2009 00:18

  Subject:    R: annotator based on regular expressions over (previous) annotations: state-of-work in UIMA?

Re: annotator based on regular expressions over (previous) annotations: state-of-work in UIMA?

Posted by Igor Sominsky <so...@gmail.com>.
Armando,

As now I understand your goals better, you are right on all of the point
that you have made. Only the feature VALUES can be evaluated/transformed
with regular expressions. The overall search criteria must be explicitly
specified using FESL tags. I like the idea of using regexps for the search
very much, just not sure about a complexity level of the implementation,
although I might be completely wrong overestimating it.

Please let me know if you need any other information on CFE or would like to
discuss it

Thanks

Posted by Armando Stellato <st...@info.uniroma2.it>.
Hi Igor,