Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by "Zeolla, Nicholas, Vodafone Group" <ni...@vodafone.com> on 2020/08/06 16:15:37 UTC

MQTT python IO connector

Hi all,

I'm looking to use MQTT as the messaging broker in my streaming python pipeline - is there any current efforts with this currently happening? Would be very interested in knowing this before I attempt a custom io connector<https://beam.apache.org/documentation/io/developing-io-python/>.

Thanks,
Nick

[Vodafone]<http://vodafone.com/>

Nicholas Zeolla
Technology Discover Graduate
Analytics Centre of Excellence
+44 7876875333
nicholas.zeolla@vodafone.com

Newbury Office

vodafone.com<http://vodafone.com/>

The future is exciting.
Ready?

[https://oitcolpdoprodsa.blob.core.windows.net/signaturetool/Group300x80.jpg]

Vodafone Group Services Limited Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN. Registered in England number 3802001

C2 General

Re: MQTT python IO connector

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
There currently isn't one in Python but there is one in Java. Consider
contributing a cross-lang connector to MQTT. There are several other dev
threads about doing this for other IOs and examples you can look at like
Kafka.