Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Michael Prichard <mi...@mac.com> on 2008/02/13 04:28:49 UTC

Exchange Server

I am using HTTPClient to connect to an exchange server and pull
messages with their webdav tools.  I am trying to thread the process
and I am now running into the issue where it will occasionally work
with no issues and then it will decide to close the connection stream
and my threads fail.

I am basically authenticating with one httpclient and then passing
that around to my threads to make calls to the exchange server's OWA
interface.

Any ideas?   Place I can look?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Exchange Server

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Michael Prichard wrote:
> I am using HTTPClient to connect to an exchange server and pull messages
> with their webdav tools.  I am trying to thread the process and I am now
> running into the issue where it will occasionally work with no issues
> and then it will decide to close the connection stream and my threads fail.
>
> I am basically authenticating with one httpclient and then passing that
> around to my threads to make calls to the exchange server's OWA interface.
>
> Any ideas?   Place I can look?

1. check that your code and the HttpClient is thread safe
    (uses MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager)
2. authentication is session based. Are all your threads
    using the default HttpState in HttpClient?
3. make your threads more tolerant and let them re-open
    the connection if it fails
3. give us more information about the failure, for example
    stack traces and wire logs

hope that helps,
   Roland