Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com> on 2004/09/06 00:50:34 UTC

What's changed since 2.61?

Hi,

I've been out of the loop for a while and I was wondering if any
signficant changes have happened since 2.61 and whether I would likely
be introducing any incompatibility issues by upgrading.

Currently I'm programatically invoke Spamassassin from within a
perlscript that processes my incoming email and I use Mail::Audit to
filter mail in Maildir style mailboxes and explicitly learn mail and
either ham or spam.

use Mail::Audit qw(List KillDups);
use Mail::SpamAssassin;
use Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit;
use Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus;

my $spamtest = new Mail::SpamAssassin({
     PREFIX => $PREFIX,
     DEF_RULES_DIR => $DEF_RULES_DIR,
     LOCAL_RULES_DIR => $LOCAL_RULES_DIR,
    });

my $mail = Mail::Audit->new(
   nomime=> 1,
   emergency=>"$maildir/.emergency/",
   loglevel=>2,
   log=>$log
);

Because I'm using Mail::Audit I often have to construct NoMailAudit's
from SA and visa versa.

sub noma_from_string_or_arrayref {
   my $arrayRef = (ref $_[0] eq 'ARRAY') ? $_[0] : [ split /^/m, $_[0] ];
   my $no_audit = Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit->new ('data' =>
$arrayRef);
   return $no_audit;
}

sub ma_from_string_or_arrayref {
   my $arrayRef = (ref $_[0] eq 'ARRAY') ? $_[0] : [ split /^/m, $_[0] ];
   my $mail_audit = Mail::Audit->new(
     nomime=> 1,
     emergency=>"$maildir/.emergency/",
     loglevel=>2,
     log=>$log,
     data=>$arrayRef);
   return $mail_audit;
}

my @matched_lines = fetch_message_from_imap($msgid,$spam);
my $learnmail = noma_from_string_or_arrayref(\@matched_lines);
log_text($mail, "    Learning previously learnt spam as ham\n\n");
my $learn_status = $spamtest->learn($learnmail, undef, 0, 0);

Re: What's changed since 2.61?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 05:50:34PM -0500, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> Because I'm using Mail::Audit I often have to construct NoMailAudit's
> from SA and visa versa.

Yeah... Mail::Audit support really was deprecated a while ago, and it's
actually completely removed in 3.0.0.  There were too many issues with
Mail::Audit, so it was completely replaced by M::SA::NoMailAudit, then in
3.0.0 it's M::SA::Message having had the internals completely rewritten.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"You can't have filenames longer than 14 chars.

Re: What's changed since 2.61?

Posted by "Michele Neylon : Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 17:50 -0500, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been out of the loop for a while and I was wondering if any
> signficant changes have happened since 2.61 and whether I would likely
> be introducing any incompatibility issues by upgrading.
I'm not 100% sure about 2.61, but I know that older versions of SA do
not recognise Outlook 2003 as a valid MUA and score accordingly
--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

--
Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information