Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrey Zhuchkov <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/29 17:30:48 UTC

how to override plugin execution

Hi,

I have plugin definition in my pom:
<build>
<plugins>
             <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>tomcat-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <configuration>
                    <url>${tomcat.manager.url}</url>
                    <username>${tomcat.manager.username}</username>
                    <password>${tomcat.manager.password}</password>
                    <path>${tomcat.app.path}</path>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>default-redeploy</id>
                        <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>redeploy</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
I'd like to use this goal binding in 2 profiles. But in the 3rd profile
(that is active by default)  I'd like to bind another goal to phase
pre-integration-test.
So in the 3rd profile I've redefined this plugin. I used another
configuration and another executions. However I've got a strange behaviour -
default configuration is not used, but execution is - instead of goal 'run'
I've got executing of 'redeploy'.
Also phases before pre-integration-test executed twice.

Any ideas?
--
Andrey Zhuchkov

Re: how to override plugin execution

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>                    <execution>
>                        <id>default-redeploy</id>
>
> configuration and another executions. However I've got a strange behaviour -
> default configuration is not used, but execution is - instead of goal 'run'
> I've got executing of 'redeploy'.

Did you define a different execution id for that 3rd profile? If not,
that will certainly cause some problems.

Wayne