Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/04/29 18:46:55 UTC

Welcome Ted Dunning as Mahout Committer

Hi Mahouters,

I'm pleased to announce that the Lucene PMC has elected Ted Dunning as
a committer for Mahout (what, you mean he wasn't already?  :-)  )  As
is probably obvious to anyone following this list, Ted combines
theoretical knowledge with the practical understanding of what it
means to make things work in the real world.  Not to mention, he has a
nice way of explaining things, too!

So, welcome Ted!  I know I personally look forward to working with you
and learning more from you.

Cheers,
Grant

PS: If you are wondering how to become a committer, see http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtobecomeacommitter.html

Re: Welcome Ted Dunning as Mahout Committer

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Cheers Ted, good to have you. How many projects can one man handle? You're a
machine, mate! :)

Dawid

Posted by Toby DiPasquale <to...@cbcg.net>.
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
>  So, welcome Ted!  I know I personally look forward to working with you and
> learning more from you.

Congratulations, Ted! Well deserved and a valuable addition to the effort :)

--
Toby DiPasquale

Re: Welcome Ted Dunning as Mahout Committer

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@windwardsolutions.com>.
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Hi Mahouters,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the Lucene PMC has elected Ted Dunning as
> a committer for Mahout (what, you mean he wasn't already?  :-)  )  As
> is probably obvious to anyone following this list, Ted combines
> theoretical knowledge with the practical understanding of what it
> means to make things work in the real world.  Not to mention, he has a
> nice way of explaining things, too!
>
> So, welcome Ted!  I know I personally look forward to working with you
> and learning more from you.
>
> Cheers,
> Grant
>
> PS: If you are wondering how to become a committer, see
> http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtobecomeacommitter.html

+1 Congratulations to Ted and an obvious win for Mahout,
Jeff

Re: Welcome Ted Dunning as Mahout Committer

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> So, welcome Ted!  I know I personally look forward to working with you
> and learning more from you.

Welcome Ted! Me too, I look forward to working with you (on Mahout) :)

Cheers,
Isabel

--
BOFH excuse #190:Proprietary Information.
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>