Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by kode <lt...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/16 01:26:13 UTC

Nutch for windows

Hi all,

I've been using nutch for quite sometime now but since nutch-1.3 I haven't
being able to use nutch in my windows machine. After many failed attempts I
finally got nutch-2.1 to work in my environment successfully. And since
there is nothing in the forums to help windows users to get nutch-1.3 + to
work I thought it would be a good time for me to share my experience and
give it to community with the hope that it will be useful for other windows
users.

Here it is:

First set JAVA_HOME and NUTCH_HOME variables:
NUTCH_HOME= D:\cygwin\home\airline\nutch-2.1
JAVA_HOME=   C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_01

Second Replace hadoop-core-1.0.3.jar with hadoop-core-0.20.2.jar

Third Change  ${APACHE_NUTCH_HOME}/conf/nutch-site.xml
from <?xml version="1.0">  to  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

Fourth follow this  tutorial <http://nlp.solutions.asia/?p=180>

Enjoy ;-)