Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Marco Guest <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/04 09:44:06 UTC

How to set the name of std::threads started by pulsar-client-cpp library?

Hello,
I'm looking to set custom names to std::threads started indirectly when
producer and consumer objects of Pulsar C++ client library are allocated
(on Linux operating system). Looking at the code it seems they are started
by the ExecutorServiceProvider class, but AFAIK there’s no public API to
access those std::threads.
Setting names would be useful to debug my application behaviour in high
throughput conditions and to be able to easily check the CPU usage of each
thread using “top –H”.
Is there a way to do so?

Thanks