Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Leonardo Ferreira <le...@k4connect.com> on 2017/08/22 13:38:56 UTC

Avoid building jar after every change is made during development

Hi,

I am brand new to Apache Storm and I am starting to feel painful the need
to build the entire jar file after every change I make during development
process to test the changes that were made.

Is there a way to perform sort of a "hot deploy" with no need to build the
entire jar file ?

Thanks!

--
Leonardo Ferreira
Software Developer

Re: Avoid building jar after every change is made during development

Posted by Jonas Krauß <jk...@gmail.com>.
Leonardo,

have a look at https://storm.apache.org/releases/1.1.1/Local-mode.html

You can use that in your main method and run the topology class as a java app. A common approach is to check if command line args are empty and then use local mode (if not empty you are most probably submitting the topology on the cluster and state the topology name as a command line parameter).

Regards

Jonas