Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no> on 2007/06/11 11:33:58 UTC

How do I set up a project for my root POM ?

Hi,

We have setup our development system based on a companywide root POM
which is stored in our company repository. When we first created this
root POM, I created the POM and deployed it to the company repository
from the commandline on the server hosting the company repository.

HREowever, it would be nice to create a Maven2 project which had the
root POM as "source" so that when I deploy the project, the root POM
would be deploied to the company repository using FTP like any other of
our Maven2 projects. How do I set up a project where the result is a
POM, and where do I place the root POM (as source) ? I.e. I end up with
two POM's, one beeing the root POM itself as a source, and the other the
POM for the project...

Any ideas ?

Regards
Arne

RE: How do I set up a project for my root POM ?

Posted by Arne Styve <as...@offsimcentre.no>.
Hi Kristian,

You are so right. By performing a "mvn deploy" the pom in question was
deploied to the company repository.

Thanks!

By the way, what client do you use to read this mailinglist ?

Posted by Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Cheers,