Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bobmccune <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/22 20:11:02 UTC

Struts 2 and JDK 1.4

I've been attempting to get the 2.0.3 sample apps working with the J4
compatibility libraries without success.  Even after replacing the default
jars with the j4 versions and rebuilding the sample app source, I'm still
getting unsupported major.minor problems with some of the plugins (spring
and tiles in particular).  Is there a solution to this?

I'm currently evaluating S2 and definitely like what I see when it's running
under Java 5.  Unfortunately, our production systems will still be running
1.4 for the next 6-12 months.  I am trying to determine if Struts 2 will be
a viable option for us while we're still using 1.4.  Will there will be a
full 1.4 distribution available when the 2.x release reaches GA status?  By
this I mean one that is targeted at 1.4 and has the retroweaved jars rolled
into the root lib directory and the sample wars.

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Struts 2 and JDK 1.4

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 1/22/07, bobmccune <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will there will be a
> full 1.4 distribution available when the 2.x release reaches GA status?  By
> this I mean one that is targeted at 1.4 and has the retroweaved jars rolled
> into the root lib directory and the sample wars.

I'm not planning to do this myself, but if someone wanted to put
something together, it might be possible to review and release it.

I don't think any of the committers are using 1.4 in production, so we
have to rely on the community for help.

-Ted.