Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/06 10:40:58 UTC

why do we use hsqldb?

Hi,

why are we using hsqdb by default?

as embedded database i like h2 but there is derby too which is @ apache

any reason?

do we want to switch?

- Romain

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
all tests, at least mine ;)

- Romain

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
I am using the embeded ActiveMQ  for development and sometimes I get the
following error
the only way to resolve my problem is to errse the jmsdata directory
(but I lose all my messages...)

mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter loadAdapter
Informazioni: Database adapter driver override recognized for :
[hsql_database_engine_driver] - adapter: class
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.HsqldbJDBCAdapter
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter loadAdapter
Informazioni: Database lock driver override not found for :
[hsql_database_engine_driver].  Will use default implementation.
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker start
Informazioni: Attempting to acquire the exclusive lock to become the
Master broker
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker start
Informazioni: Becoming the master on dataSource:
org.apache.openejb.resource.jdbc.BasicDataSource@6697828
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService getBroker
Informazioni: ActiveMQ 5.5.1 JMS Message Broker (localhost) is starting
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService getBroker
Informazioni: For help or more information please see:
http://activemq.apache.org/
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter log
Avvertenza: JDBC Failure: incompatible data type in conversion: from SQL
type OTHER to [B, value: instance of org.hsqldb.types.JavaObjectData
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: incompatible data type in conversion:
from SQL type OTHER to [B, value: instance of
org.hsqldb.types.JavaObjectData
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCResultSet.getColumnInType(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCResultSet.getBytes(Unknown Source)
     at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getBytes(DelegatingResultSet.java:241)
     at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getBytes(DelegatingResultSet.java:241)
     at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.BytesJDBCAdapter.getBinaryData(BytesJDBCAdapter.java:38)
     at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.DefaultJDBCAdapter.doGetMessageById(DefaultJDBCAdapter.java:194)
     at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.getLastMessageBrokerSequenceId(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:234)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.DestinationFactoryImpl.getLastMessageBrokerSequenceId(DestinationFactoryImpl.java:145)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.<init>(RegionBroker.java:122)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedRegionBroker.<init>(ManagedRegionBroker.java:99)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1830)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1824)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:1781)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:766)
     at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.start(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:296)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:493)
     at
org.apache.openejb.resource.activemq.ActiveMQ5Factory$1.run(ActiveMQ5Factory.java:126)
Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: incompatible data type in
conversion: from SQL type OTHER to [B, value: instance of
org.hsqldb.types.JavaObjectData
     at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
     ... 17 more

mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService start
Grave: Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker. Reason:
java.io.IOException: Failed to get last broker message id:
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: incompatible data type in conversion:
from SQL type OTHER to [B, value: instance of
org.hsqldb.types.JavaObjectData
java.io.IOException: Failed to get last broker message id:
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: incompatible data type in conversion:
from SQL type OTHER to [B, value: instance of
org.hsqldb.types.JavaObjectData
     at
org.apache.activemq.util.IOExceptionSupport.create(IOExceptionSupport.java:33)
     at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.getLastMessageBrokerSequenceId(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:245)
[...]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: incompatible data type in
[...]
     ... 10 more
Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: incompatible data type in
conversion: from SQL type OTHER to [B, value: instance of
org.hsqldb.types.JavaObjectData
     at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
     ... 17 more

mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService stop
Informazioni: ActiveMQ Message Broker (localhost, null) is shutting down
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector stop
Informazioni: Connector null Stopped
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService stop
Informazioni: ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost, null) stopped
mag 27, 2012 2:23:24 PM
org.apache.openejb.resource.activemq.ActiveMQ5Factory createBroker
Grave: ActiveMQ failed to start broker

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
another drawback of derby is it is huge :(

- Romain

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Derby

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by AndyG <an...@orprovision.com>.
I'd like to see the results with a more recent release as that test is over 2
years old

Re: why do we use hsqldb?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: why do we use hsqldb?