Posted to user@livy.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/01 21:53:03 UTC

is Livy compatible with Java 9?

HI All,

I had things working fine with respect to Livy in Java 8 and I wanted to
see if it works in Java 9? I get the following error just from starting the
app.

Exception in thread "main" java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.io.IOException: Internal Server Error:
"java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: RSCClient
instance stopped."

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:191)

Thanks!!

Re: is Livy compatible with Java 9?

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.
As of now Livy does not support Java 9, Livy just updated to build on Scala
2.11 and has to keep in sync with the supported Scala and Java versions
supported by Spark, which also does not yet support Java 9.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com