Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Miller, Janet" <Mi...@pbworld.com> on 2004/05/04 18:57:57 UTC

Newbie: Disabling a Web Service

Hello, I just have a general question about deployment of web services.

Is there a way to disable a web service temporarily?  In other words,
how do you prevent users from accessing your web service?  Is there a
way to do this without taking your web server/web services container
down?

Jan

Re: Newbie: Disabling a Web Service

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
Miller, Janet wrote:

>Hello, I just have a general question about deployment of web services.
>
>Is there a way to disable a web service temporarily?  In other words,
>how do you prevent users from accessing your web service?  Is there a
>way to do this without taking your web server/web services container
>down?
>
>Jan

  Why not undeploy the webservices.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu