Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2020/01/22 23:19:58 UTC

ApacheCon templates

Hi,

With the next ApacheCon announced the project has an opputuniy to provide slide templates to speakers and grow the community.

For the last ApacheConEU I started working on this and using the “offical” templates came up with 3 different set of slides, we could adapt these for the next ApacheCon NA and point people to use them. What do people think?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> that looks great already!

Just did an update and added some CCO licensed New Orleans images and a couple of sample slides.

I’ve also mentioned this on the ApacheCon planners list and they will get it out to the speakers in due time.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
If it uses the new template resources and parent. We need to release that first.

Chris
________________________________
Did some more tweaks so unless there's any more feedback I’d say this is good to release.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

that looks great already!

Lars

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Still a work in progress but I've put together something here:
https://github.com/justinmclean/incubator-training/tree/ApacheConSlides/content/ApacheCon

You can view a preview here:
https://classsoftware.s3.amazonaws.com/ApacheConTemplate/index.html <https://classsoftware.s3.amazonaws.com/ApacheConTemplate/index.html>

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Forgot to mention, work in progress here.[1] I’ll probably have to reverse engineer all three template I created, but it's too hard as I have example of each. [2]

Sometime I think English is my second language I meant to say “but it’s NOT too hard” i.e it would be easy to do.

Re archetypes I’d need your help their Chris that’s probably beyond my maven skills.

One other possibility is to consider a node.js package as well, which I believe is supported.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Forgot to mention, work in progress here.[1] I’ll probably have to reverse engineer all three template I created, but it's too hard as I have example of each. [2]

And we’ll need to find some suitable, appropriate licensed, image for ApacheConNA /New Orleans, which shouldn’t be too hard.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/justinmclean/incubator-training/tree/ApacheConSlides/content/ApacheCon
2. https://github.com/justinmclean/incubator-training/tree/ApacheConEU2019/content

Re: ApacheCon templates

Posted by gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com>.
I think that's a great idea to standardize the content as well as increase
the content. We can come up with a list of sub-topics for the template.

thanks,
Gautam