Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antony Grinyer <an...@csw.co.uk> on 2005/09/07 19:07:00 UTC

Memory profiling cocoon

Hi,

Has anyone successfully integrated a Java memory profiler (such as
JProfiler or YourKit) with Cocoon? I'd like to test the memory usage of
a Cocoon transformer that is a Java class, but I'm not sure how I can
get the a Java profiler to profile Cocoon transformers?

Thanks for any help/advice,
Ant

Re: Memory profiling cocoon

Posted by "Carlos M. S. Bento Nogueira" <cm...@student.dei.uc.pt>.
I've just begun using Yourkit with Cocoon , following your suggestion, but
as i'm a newbie on this i'm having trouble understanding the results i'm
getting.

I would like to check 2 things if possible:

1st - what is the cpu/memory usage on generating PDF/RTF files ?
2nd - does the cpu/memory usage changes with the number of users
       requesting to generate RTF/PDF? How high is the increase?

What threads should i take on account to achieve the previous goals??

TIA,
CarlosN.

Re: Memory profiling cocoon

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.