Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2010/10/08 23:42:42 UTC

features-maven-plugin does not work with maven 3

Now that maven 3 has been released, I think it is important to get the
features-mave-plugin to work under maven 3. I've brought up this problem
before on this list but that was before maven 3 had been released.

The problem is that you normally use "mvn:" url's in the
features-maven-plugin, e g:

*  <build>*
*    <plugins>*
*      <plugin>*
*        <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>*
*        <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>*
*        <executions>*
*          <execution>*
*            <id>add-features-to-repo</id>*
*            <phase>generate-resources</phase>*
*            <goals>*
*              <goal>add-features-to-repo</goal>*
*            </goals>*
*            <configuration>*
*              <descriptors>*
*
 <descriptor>mvn:org.apache.karaf/apache-karaf/${karaf-version}/xml/features</descriptor>
*
*              </descriptors>*
*              <features>*
*                <feature>ssh</feature>*
*                <feature>management</feature>*
*                <feature>webconsole</feature>*
*              </features>*
*
 <repository>${project.build.directory}/features-repo</repository>*
*            </configuration>*
*          </execution>*
*        </executions>*
*      </plugin>*

But the url handler for "mvn:" does not work under maven 3 due to changes in
the classpath handling. An alternative must be developed. Shall I create a
JIRA for this?

I've noticed on the ops4j mailing list that something called pax-url-aether
is in the works. Maybe that's an option for features-maven-plugin?

/Bengt

Re: features-maven-plugin does not work with maven 3

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
JIRA created:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-244>/Bengt

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.