Posted to user@struts.apache.org by André Faria <an...@mandic.com.br> on 2007/01/09 13:30:29 UTC

Autocompleter Specifying Label Name Property

Hi Musachy Barroso,

/* "Required properties: Two properties must be defined on the target
action for each autocompleter, one for the displayed text (its name is
the value of the "name" attribute), and one for the key or value (its
name is the value of the "name" attribute plus "Key")." */

Could you put a another column to specify whats the column for label?
Because If yoy have beans that don't follow the pattern (name and name
plus Key) you will probally have problems like me...

That's my idea:
<s:autocompleter
    label="Bank"
    name="account.agency.bank.bankKey"
*******    labelName="account.agency.bank.bankName" *******
    href="account.listJson.action"
    loadOnTextChange="true"
    loadMinimumCount="3"
    autoComplete="true" />

Thank's,
André Faria
from Brazil

Re: Autocompleter Specifying Label Name Property

Posted by André Faria <an...@mandic.com.br>.
Thank you so much Musachy ...
Where can I get the last builds (not official)...
I am getting in
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts/
That's right?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.
Here is a jira ticket so you can track it:

musachy

Posted by André Faria <an...@mandic.com.br>.
Hi Musachy,

André Faria escreveu:
> Hi Musachy,
>      Yes, you are right...
>    The necessity  is an attribute to specify the name of the "key" field.
>
> Regards,
> Thank's,
> André Faria
>
> Musachy Barroso escreveu:
>> Hi André,
>>
>> Do you mean adding an attribute to specify the name of the "key"
>> field? That can be done. The "label" attribute is a different thing,
>> it is the text that is displayed in front of the autocompleter and it
>> is not submitted to the server.
>>
>> regards
>> musachy
>>
>> André Faria wrote:
>>> Hi Musachy Barroso,
>>>
>>> /* "Required properties: Two properties must be defined on the
>>> target action for each autocompleter, one for the displayed text
>>> (its name is the value of the "name" attribute), and one for the key
>>> or value (its name is the value of the "name" attribute plus
>>> "Key")." */
>>>
>>> Could you put a another column to specify whats the column for label?
>>> Because If yoy have beans that don't follow the pattern (name and
>>> name plus Key) you will probally have problems like me...
>>>
>>> That's my idea:
>>> <s:autocompleter
>>>    label="Bank"      name="account.agency.bank.bankKey"
>>> *******    labelName="account.agency.bank.bankName" *******
>>>    href="account.listJson.action"
>>>    loadOnTextChange="true"
>>>    loadMinimumCount="3"
>>>    autoComplete="true" />
>>>

>>> Thank's,
>>> André Faria
>>> from Brazil

Atenciosamente,
*/André Faria/*
/BlueSoft Consultoria em Informática/
/Fone: [55 11] 5543-5406/
/Web: www.bluesoft.com.br/
//////

Re: Autocompleter Specifying Label Name Property

Posted by André Faria <an...@mandic.com.br>.
Hi Musachy,

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.
Hi André,