Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Skip <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2017/12/09 00:44:52 UTC

Java 8 Testing

I installed Java 8 and tried running Ofbiz version 12 with it and it failed
miserably.   I got client handshake errors using Chrome and Firefox.  Never
got to testing the UPS handshake.

I have three servers running on Windows 7 and I need this UPS connection to
work.

Here is the UPS notification email:

Important Update: Implementing TLS Security Protocol

UPS is committed to ensuring the most current security requirements are
being used with our customers when shipment data is transmitted. To help
ensure your shipping data remains encrypted, the security communication
protocol for interactions with web-based applications must be upgraded to
TLS 1.1 or 1.2.

UPS will be making changes beginning September 1, 2017 through December 31,
2017 to support enhancing our security. During this time, you may see
intermittent failures for transactions using TLS1.0 or earlier.

Effective 12/31/2017, UPS will only accept TLS 1.1 and 1.2 security
protocols. It is highly recommended that the most current version, TLS 1.2,
be implemented. After that date, any communication requests submitted to UPS
using older protocols (TLS 1.0 or earlier) will fail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Java 8 Testing

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Skip,

You can refer Jira ticket OFBIZ-6458<
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6458> for upgrading OFBiz to
Java 8. Changes committed to trunk at r1709262 by Taher. As you are on
release 12 so you may need some additional changes.

--
Thanks & Regards
---

HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.