Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by butleree <bu...@tcd.ie> on 2003/02/13 14:02:10 UTC

Lucene Demo

Hi,

I have succesfully built Lucene using ant, (thank you for help!), and I am now
trying to follow the

demo given on the page http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/demo.html.

I have set my Classpath correctly for lucene-{version}.jar., however I can't
find the lucene-demos-{version}.jar in the Lucene directory.

When I u run the command "java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles
{full-path-to-lucene}/src"
I just get an error, as no IndexFiles.class exists in my Lucene directory.

Please help

Thanks,

Emma

Re: Lucene Demo

Posted by Frank Burough <fb...@elixirpharm.com>.
Hi--

I had the same problem. The demo jarfile was not built by default.
However, if you issue the command 'ant jardemo' from the directory
containing the build.xml file you should get a lucene-demos-1.3-dev1.jar
that is located in a demo directory under bin.

hth,

Frank

jsp indexing/parsing help

Posted by Pinky Iyer <pi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi !
    I have been able to parse html and text documents. Is there anybody who has indexed jsp files. Any sample parsers will be appeciated. Cant find anything in the contributions or in the faq's.
Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks! :-((
P Iyer

Re: Lucene Demo

Posted by Pinky Iyer <pi...@yahoo.com>.
HI!
    Go to download and scroll all way down, and chose lucene1.2, the resulting page has the actual downloads, the last one had all the demo jars and wars.
Thanks!
Pinky

 butleree <bu...@tcd.ie> wrote:Hi,