Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by neal hu <nb...@163.com> on 2016/03/22 04:11:46 UTC

MessageBodyReader/Writer cache

Hi,

CXF selects the msgBodyReader/writer in the reader/writer list for every
request, which has big impact to the performance. Jersey also has the cache
in
org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.MessageBodyFactory._getMessageBodyReader(...).
I have tried add the cache for CXF in ProviderFactory and been proved that
it has improved 7-8% for json requests in JMeter. Please let me know if
you'd like me to add the enhancement for CXF. Thanks.
Neal

Re: MessageBodyReader/Writer cache

Posted by neal hu <nb...@163.com>.
Hi Sergey,

I have attached the patch and new class of cache. Unit tests passed, but may
have serval failures on systemtest/jaxrs, please help to take  a look.

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
I've added a comment to CXF-6837, wondering how much of the time that
would be saved here is actually already addressed by the CXF-6826 patch
(which I believe should be helping here).

Cheers
Alessio

Il 22/03/2016 10:14, Sergey Beryozkin ha scritto:
> Hi Neal
>
> I think it can be risky in its own way, and if it is to be done
> properly than the strategies for dealing with the in memory cache
> should be pluggable.
>
> I'm also assuming that a composite key has to be involved, everything
> that is passed to isWriteable/isReadable. Because this is where the
> final solution is often made, even after the runtime has statically
> determined the best candidate.
>
> But having the option to optimize it can be useful in some cases for
> sure,
>
> Can you please attach an initial patch to CXF-6837 for us to look at ?
>
> Cheers, Sergey
>
> On 22/03/16 06:11, neal hu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> CXF selects the msgBodyReader/writer in the reader/writer list for every
>> request, which has big impact to the performance. Jersey also has the
>> cache
>> in
>> org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.MessageBodyFactory._getMessageBodyReader(...).
>>
>> I have tried add the cache for CXF in ProviderFactory and been proved
>> that
>> it has improved 7-8% for json requests in JMeter. Please let me know if
>> you'd like me to add the enhancement for CXF. Thanks.
>> Neal
>>

>> --

Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: MessageBodyReader/Writer cache

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Neal

On 22/03/16 06:11, neal hu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CXF selects the msgBodyReader/writer in the reader/writer list for every
> request, which has big impact to the performance. Jersey also has the cache
> in
> org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.MessageBodyFactory._getMessageBodyReader(...).
> I have tried add the cache for CXF in ProviderFactory and been proved that
> it has improved 7-8% for json requests in JMeter. Please let me know if
> you'd like me to add the enhancement for CXF. Thanks.
> Neal

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/