Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kintzel Levente <ki...@codespring.ro> on 2006/02/15 20:50:03 UTC

Encoding again

Hi everebody!

I know that the "encoding" problem was discussed many times on this list,
but. I didn't find this situation described before (maybe I need to search
more :-)).

So, consider a layout, navigations and content vm files as UTF8 files.

In Turbine 2.3.2 's tr.prop file the following parameters are set according
to the encoding:

input.encoding = UTF-8

services.VelocityService.input.encoding= UTF-8

locale.default.charset= UTF-8

The problem is that in IE appears an empty line for each file. The cause is
a special character that has the UTF files at the beginning, and these
characters are included in the generated HTML source too. Mozilla Firefox
can hide them but in IE these characters appears as empty lines. How can I
make them disappear in IE too. The ideal solution is to make disappear from
the generated HTML source. Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

Regards,

        Levi

RE: Encoding again