Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Supratik Goswami <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 17:23:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Server Status CPU usage information

Hi All !

I have Apache/2.2.6 running in my Fedora 8 system. I have enabled the
server-status directive in the httpd.conf file and I am able to view the
current state of the Apache server status. My question is 1) what is meant
by (u s cu cs) in the CPU usage and how those values are calculated, can
anyone please explain me in details. I found through google this link [
http://corelib.rubyonrails.org/classes/Benchmark/Tms.html] where the
information is not in detail.I am confused, if child processes are mostly
using the CPU then in which circumstance the parent uses the CPU. 2) What is
meant by CPU load, is it for that point of time or average from uptime. 3)
Is the CPU load calculated from the CPU usage. My Apache server status is
given as below... can anyone please help me to resolve these queries.

Current Time: Wednesday, 02-Apr-2008 20:25:49 ISTRestart Time: Wednesday,
02-Apr-2008 19:41:19 ISTParent Server Generation: 0Server uptime: 44 minutes
29 secondsTotal accesses: 69 - Total Traffic: 32 kBCPU Usage: u.09 s0 cu0
cs0 - .00337% CPU load.0259 requests/sec - 12 B/second - 474 B/request1
requests currently being processed, 7 idle workers
Thanks & Regards
Supratik