Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2009/06/03 10:13:57 UTC

Planned jSPF RC release

Hi guys,

I would like to start cutting the first jSPF RC Release soon, anything
which should go into the release before cutting it ?

Bye,
Norman

Re: Planned jSPF RC release

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

<snip>

>>> tester code can be repackaged as you like (maybe it is already in its
>>> own package). It was "test" stuff that we promoted to a module because
>>> it may be used as a standalone yaml file based fake dns server.
>>
>> SPFYamlTestDescriptor is the only class in org.apache.jspf. the other
>> 5 classes are in org.apache.jspf.dnsserver. resolver uses lots of
>> packages just under org.apache.jspf.
>>
>> for tester, i'd prefer everything below org.apache.jspf.tester. for
>> such a small library, maybe just one package would be enough.
>
> Make sense. we'll have to move module resources to the same package.

i grouped them all into a single package. feel free to dive in with
improvements.

- robert

Re: Planned jSPF RC release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

>>> 1. i'm waiting for consensus on the right resolution to the question
>>> on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-74 related to
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-67
>> commented :-)
>
> hopefully ok now

Yes, I just fixed a little thing (s/test/main).

>>> 2. i would like to OSGi enable but the packaging split between the
>>> modules could do with some revisions. some care would be needed to
>>> maintain the OSGi stuff going forward unless the packages were
>>> consolidated. would prefer to repackage but may it'd be better to
>>> leave that for the next release.
>> tester code can be repackaged as you like (maybe it is already in its
>> own package). It was "test" stuff that we promoted to a module because
>> it may be used as a standalone yaml file based fake dns server.
>
> SPFYamlTestDescriptor is the only class in org.apache.jspf. the other
> 5 classes are in org.apache.jspf.dnsserver. resolver uses lots of
> packages just under org.apache.jspf.
>
> for tester, i'd prefer everything below org.apache.jspf.tester. for
> such a small library, maybe just one package would be enough.

Make sense. we'll have to move module resources to the same package.

Stefano

Re: Planned jSPF RC release

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

>>> Robert is working on JSPF-74 (Build Improvements -
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-74).
>>>
>>> Then we have JSPF-67 to be checked (Make sure every package has a
>>> correct NOTICE/LICENSE now that we have multi modules -
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-67).
>>
>> 1. i'm waiting for consensus on the right resolution to the question
>> on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-74 related to
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-67
>
> commented :-)

hopefully ok now

Re: Planned jSPF RC release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>> Norman Maurer ha scritto:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I would like to start cutting the first jSPF RC Release soon, anything
>>> which should go into the release before cutting it ?
>> Robert is working on JSPF-74 (Build Improvements -
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-74).
>>
>> Then we have JSPF-67 to be checked (Make sure every package has a
>> correct NOTICE/LICENSE now that we have multi modules -
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-67).
>
> 1. i'm waiting for consensus on the right resolution to the question
> on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-74 related to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-67

commented :-)

> 2. i would like to OSGi enable but the packaging split between the
> modules could do with some revisions. some care would be needed to
> maintain the OSGi stuff going forward unless the packages were
> consolidated. would prefer to repackage but may it'd be better to
> leave that for the next release.

tester code can be repackaged as you like (maybe it is already in its
own package). It was "test" stuff that we promoted to a module because
it may be used as a standalone yaml file based fake dns server.

> 3. i would like to add the SPF mailet but maybe this would better left
> till a later release

I agree.

Stefano

Re: Planned jSPF RC release

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Planned jSPF RC release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Norman Maurer ha scritto:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to start cutting the first jSPF RC Release soon, anything
> which should go into the release before cutting it ?

Robert is working on JSPF-74 (Build Improvements -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-74).

Then we have JSPF-67 to be checked (Make sure every package has a
correct NOTICE/LICENSE now that we have multi modules -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-67).

Maybe JSPF-65 (Possible racing issue in StagedMultipleSPFExecutor or
dnsjnio - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-65) is finally
fixed (hudson didn't hang in the last 200 jspf builds).

JSPF-69 (Make the yml tests runnable from the binary distribution and
document the test launcher. -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-69) and JSPF-70 (Add a new
spfd style daemon based on jspf. -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPF-70) are minor, and can be