Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/06/01 01:29:19 UTC

Re: [VOTE] - Approve the release of Apache Joshua incubating 6.1 (rc4)

Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- name includes incubating
- signatures and hashes correct
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE is OK
- NOTICE contains wrong year please fix
- no unexpected binary files
- source files have ASF headers
- can compile from source

I’m curious to know where these files come from [1][2]. I found them elsewhere without Apache headers but was unable to find how they were licensed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./scripts/training/parallelize/sentclient.c
2../scripts/training/parallelize/sentserver.c

Re: [VOTE] - Approve the release of Apache Joshua incubating 6.1 (rc4)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Just wondering if the "All rights reserved” may imply that it's not licensed under a permissive license?

 I’m unaware of the history / providence of that file so was enquiring if anyone on the project had any more info where it come from.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] - Approve the release of Apache Joshua incubating 6.1 (rc4)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> The mentioned files should come from [1.2], which contains AL2 header.

Sure I can see that but where did the files original come from and how where they originally licensed?

For instance I can see the same(?) file here without an ASF header [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/redpony/cdec/blob/master/training/utils/sentclient.cc

Re: [VOTE] - Approve the release of Apache Joshua incubating 6.1 (rc4)

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
thanks Justin for your vote.

The mentioned files should come from [1.2], which contains AL2 header.
When building Joshua you may found the compiled binaries, but they are not
shipped together with the source release; so if I understand things
correctly we should be fine.

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] :