Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Justine Olshan <jo...@confluent.io.INVALID> on 2021/06/29 17:31:01 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-516: Topic Identifiers

Hello again. Quick update on KIP-516. After much discussion and thought,
I've updated the KIP to include new admin apis and new/updated classes to
support them. The new APIs are:

default DescribeTopicsResult describeTopics(TopicCollection topics);

DescribeTopicsResult describeTopics(TopicCollection topics,
DescribeTopicsOptions options);

default DeleteTopicsResult deleteTopics(TopicCollection topics);

DeleteTopicsResult deleteTopics(TopicCollection topics,
DeleteTopicsOptions options);

As you may notice, there is a new class TopicCollection that can store
topics by name or ID. This is a new class also described in the KIP.
Finally Delete/DescribeTopicsResult classes have been modified to
support topic IDs as well as name and some of the older methods will
be deprecated. For more information, please check out the
KIP.https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-516%3A+Topic+Identifiers#KIP516:TopicIdentifiers-AdminClientSupport

Thanks,
Justine