Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Hugh Brien <hp...@comcast.net> on 2002/05/02 08:08:36 UTC

Slide success so far

Our development team at work has successfully deployed slide under the
following:

Slide 1.0.16
Win2K
MySQL Max with InnoDB Tables on both Linux/Win32
Latest MySQL JDBC Driver.

We are keeping our file store shallow so we changed uri blob fields to
char(255) Everything still seems to be working.

We have successfully used the JDBCContentStore and JDBCDescriptors store

Used to SlideRealm to authenticate another web application.

Performance is acceptable so far.

Used the WebDav client to push uploaded files into our new content store.

Imported approx 1000 files into a node called /files/documents/.  Listing
all of them is a little painful.  We don't planning on allowing that so we
are not worried.

Keep up the good work.

One thing, I was looking at the search stuff in the CVS tree and was
wondering if it works. If not we are planning a simple Lucene based Search
engine.  I will let you know how it goes.

r,
Hugh
Novus Consulting Group.