Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Shubham Bansal <sh...@whishworks.com> on 2015/09/04 10:33:54 UTC

Facing problem from ExecuteSQL processor

Hi,

I am using ExecuteSQL processor in my flow. Infact , that is the only
processor I have added to the flow. I have added DBCPConnectionPool service
to this processor. I am attaching screenshots for the configuration done
for these. There is no error on the connection side but I am not able to
fetch any data. Where exactly will this data go ? Please help me with this.

*Shubham Bansal*, Software Engineer,

4th Floor, Pioneer Towers, Madhapur, Hyderabad
*M: **+91  9059328793 *
*W: *ww <http://www.whishworks.com/>w.whishworks.com
<http://www.whishworks.com/>

<http://www.whishworks.com/blog/>  <https://twitter.com/WHISHWORKS>
<https://www.facebook.com/whishworksit>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/whishworks>

--
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of
the intended recipient. If you receive this e-mail in error please delete

RE: Facing problem from ExecuteSQL processor

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Shubham,

I'm sorry, I just found this e-mail in my Junk mail :( Looks like it's been there for quite a long time, so I apologize for not responding sooner!

Did you ever make any headway with this issue?

The way that the processor works, it requires a FlowFile as input. It cannot be run as a "Source" Processor. There is a ticket [1] to
update the Processor so that it can in fact be used as a Source Processor. In the meantime, you could work around the issue by adding
a GenerateFlowFile ahead of it and scheduling it to run every 5 minutes or however often you want the query to run. When the
GenerateFlowFile runs, it will then send the FlowFile to ExecuteSQL so that it will perform the query.

Does this make sense?

Again, sorry for taking so long to get back to you!

-Mark

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-932

Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:44:23 +0530
Subject: Fwd: Facing problem from ExecuteSQL processor
From: shubham.bansal@whishworks.com
To: dev@nifi.apache.org

Hi,

Did you get a chance to look into this issue ?

Thanks,

W: www.whishworks.com

Fwd: Facing problem from ExecuteSQL processor

Posted by Shubham Bansal <sh...@whishworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Shubham,

One more note.  While I was typing up the last email, it appears a ticket
was created to alter ExecuteSQL to carry out the functionality I think you
are looking for.  It can be located here:

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Shubham,

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shubham,