Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Albert Lunde <Al...@northwestern.edu> on 2003/05/09 23:38:41 UTC

what connector code reads what files? mod_jk + CoyoteConnector

Can someone tell me which configuration files are needed by which
side of the various connectors?

Because much of the documentation was written assuming mod_jk would
be used with org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector as the AJP
implementation, and mod_jk2 would be used with
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector as the AJP connector, I'm
having a hard time telling which files are used by the code in the
Apache modules and which are used by the Tomcat classes.

For various reasons, I need to use Apache 1.3.x. It sounds, from what
I've read previously, like the most stable/supported option for
Tomcat 4.1.x is to use mod_jk with CoyoteConnector as the AJP
inpmenentation on the Tomcat side. I'm trying to understand what I
should be trying to do in this mix-and match case: what files do I
need to configure?
--
     Albert Lunde         Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu (new address)
                          Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (old address)