Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/09 11:09:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-manifoldcf-solr-3.x-plugin 0.1-incubating

I've uploaded an apache-manifoldcf-solr-3.x-plugin-0.1-incubating
package which you can download from http://people.apache.org/~kwright.
 If you agree this should be released please vote +1.

Karl

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-manifoldcf-solr-3.x-plugin 0.1-incubating

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
On the advice of the mentors, I've spun an RC1 which includes a binary
package.  If you have already looked at RC0, please look again before
voting.

Karl

[RESULT][VOTE] Release apache-manifoldcf-solr-3.x-plugin 0.1-incubating

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Three binding +1's, >72 hours, vote passes.
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me (binding).

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

> * The release signing guide [1] recommends to have also SHA1 checksums
> for the release.

We'll try to incorporate this in the future.

> * The approach to do an svn checkout as a part of the build is a bit
> troublesome. The build will fail as soon as Lucene rearranges their
> svn tree.

I agree, but it seems the least bad of our choices.  Since we are
building a Lucene/Solr module, our alternatives are: (a) Include the
entire Lucene/Solr tree in our package; (b) Check out a copy of
lucene/solr and put our stuff in and build it; (c) Download a release
source version of Lucene/Solr, unpack it, and then do the same as (b).
 (a) results in a massive package for little gain.  (b) is the
approach I finally took.  And I didn't do (c) because for Lucene/Solr
4.x there is no package to download yet.

> * Would it make sense to contribute this code directly to Solr instead
> of having it in ManifoldCF? Especially since the code has no direct
> ManifoldCF dependencies.

Tried to do this for more than a year.  I had 6 committers willing and
happy to commit, but then another committer vetoed it just before that
happened.  I can name names if you like, but the reason was apparently
that they want Lucene and Solr to become much more minimal than it is
now.  Since the politics and stars were not in alignment, I decided
we'd have to make the best of it somehow.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Three +1's.  Vote passes.
Karl

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Piergiorgio Lucidi
http://www.open4dev.com

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-manifoldcf-solr-3.x-plugin 0.1-incubating

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I see, then +1

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.