Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2006/12/29 16:30:22 UTC

Jackrabbit based DMS systems

Hello all,
I was reviewing the list at http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks,
and although couple of them mention DMS, DMS is very grey.

What I would like to see is a solution that stores ten-thousand TIFF
images, PDFs, and Word Documents, all of which have consistent but
custom properties (i.e. businessContract, firstName, lastName, etc), has
a web-based user-oriented interface to search the custom properties
EASILY, and retrieve the stored document and view it. And be based on
Jackrabbit and support WebDAV for injection of information.

No authoring, no workflow/business rules, no routing. Simple storage of
documents. Simple interface to search the custom properties. Simple
retrieval of the document. No
re-writing/custom-coding/creating-from-scratch-templates.

*Is this called DMS or is this termed as something else?

*any recommendations out-of-the-box?

Thanks - everywhere I look there are 'bigger' solutions that do not
actually solve the problem ;-)

-D

Re: Jackrabbit based DMS systems

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.
You can try OpenKM (http://www.openkm.com), now in beta stage but very
stable. The final version will go out in a few weeks. Custom properties is
a planned enhancement for the 2.0 release. There is a online demo for
testing.

Cheers!