Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jörg Hoh <jh...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/09 13:07:35 UTC

[Jira] Access to "Releases" requires login

Hi,

In our release mails we reference the corresponding release in the Apache
Jira, for example
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SLING/versions/12350420

If you are not logged in into Jira, this URL won't work, and you get an
error page. If you don't have a Jira account (and the latest policy change
makes that even harder to get one) it's almost impossible to see what's
going to be in a single release.

Of course this should prevent committers and PMC members to act on the
release mail, as they already have an account. But if you are just
subscribed to sling-dev to keep track on the development side of Sling,
it's hard to understand what will be part of the new release.

Does anyone consider this to be a problem we want/need to solve? Or is it
just me, who reads mails von a system where I am not consistently logged in
into the Apache Jira? Or are there any readers on this list, which do not
have a account yet on the Apache Jira?

Jörg

--
Cheers,
Jörg Hoh,

https://cqdump.joerghoh.de
Twitter: @joerghoh

Re: [Jira] Access to "Releases" requires login

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, 2023-02-09 at 14:07 +0100, Jörg Hoh wrote:
> Does anyone consider this to be a problem we want/need to solve? Or
> is it
> just me, who reads mails von a system where I am not consistently
> logged in
> into the Apache Jira? Or are there any readers on this list, which do
> not
> have a account yet on the Apache Jira?

Both Konrad and myself asked Infra about this issue, they can't do
anything about it.

Robert