Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by si...@bt.com on 2007/11/13 17:05:02 UTC

[Axis2] Failing code generation for valid wsdl (Axis also has problems with the wsdl)

Hello all,

I am quite new to axis and web services in general. Although I am
experienced with java (and a bit with xml).

The problem I have is the following:
I got the wsdl description (included all necessary xsd schema
definitions) of a webservice defined by a big standardisation
organisation. I want to make use of it from a client point of view. I
already have a server implementation running but can't use it. The wsdl
is valid according to the Eclipse WTP wsdl validator (I also validated
all the xsd files). It goes wrong when I want to generate sources from
the wsdl with the wsdl2java or wsdl2code tool (tried from command line
aswell using maven2 plugins). Both axis and axis2 can't generate good
sources from the description (while the description is valid).

With axis2 (version 1.3) I get the following error after using
wsdl2java.bat:

[ERROR] PARSER_ERROR
C:\Temp\axis2-1.3\bin\epcis\src\_1\wsdl\epcis\epcglobal\EPCglobalEPCISSe
rviceStub.java:8270:16: unexpected token: staticabstract
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.antlr.InternalJavaParser.classField(Interna
lJavaParser.java:3119)
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.antlr.InternalJavaParser.classBlock(Interna
lJavaParser.java:2457)
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.antlr.InternalJavaParser.classDefinition(In
ternalJavaParser.java:710)
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.antlr.InternalJavaParser.typeDefinitionInte
rnal(InternalJavaParser.java:632)
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.antlr.InternalJavaParser.typeDefinition(Int
ernalJavaParser.java:465)
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.antlr.InternalJavaParser.parse(InternalJava
Parser.java:296)
	at
de.hunsicker.jalopy.language.JavaRecognizer.parse(JavaRecognizer.java:58
8)
	at de.hunsicker.jalopy.Jalopy.parse(Jalopy.java:1212)
	at de.hunsicker.jalopy.Jalopy.format(Jalopy.java:1044)
	at de.hunsicker.jalopy.Jalopy.format(Jalopy.java:1017)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.axis2.util.PrettyPrinter.prettify(PrettyPrinter.java:89)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ifyFile(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:66)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:46)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.prett
ify(JavaPrettyPrinterExtension.java:50)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.AbstractPrettyPrinterExtension.e
ngage(AbstractPrettyPrinterExtension.java:36)
	at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerati
onEngine.java:259)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)

It starts and generates some of the files. The the line number (8270!!)
is suspected from my point of view. The file is also about 4Mb which
indicates a problem with the code generation? I searched and found a
jira report at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3314 which is
not available at this moment (and yesterday).

The schema definitions and wsdl files a publicly available and bundled
in
http://www.epcglobalinc.org/standards/epcis/epcis_1_0-schema-20070412.zi

I hope anyone can help me with this issue, because I start to get stuck
on this. So conclusive:
- Why can't axis2 use this validated wsdl to generate sources?
- Is this a bug, or is the wsdl not well structured? (This would be a
big problem)

Thanks in advance,
- Sietse

PS. Problem using Axis:

Although I want to make use of Axis2 I tried to use Axis to generate
sources which also failed. I included this for extra information which
maybe gives someone a clue about the issue.

With Axis the generation goes fine, the only problem there is one
generated source which isn't compilable (wrongly generated). This is not
very handy for the automatic build. I also can't figure out why this is.
It looks like problems with a combination of xsd:any elements with
anyURI.

RE: [Axis2] Failing code generation for valid wsdl (Axis also has problems with the wsdl)

Posted by si...@bt.com.
Hi Amila,

I tried the nightly build before but it gave the same output. The -u
option worked well with the 1.3 distribution.

Can I give extra input to help solving the bug?

Thanks,
Sietse

this is a bug in Axis2 1.3. you can overcome this by giving the -u
option.
or use a nighly build.

Amila.

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] Failing code generation for valid wsdl (Axis also has problems with the wsdl)

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
hi,
> [...]

> I hope anyone can help me with this issue, because I start to get stuck
> on this. So conclusive:
> - Why can't axis2 use this validated wsdl to generate sources?
> - Is this a bug, or is the wsdl not well structured? (This would be a
> big problem)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> - Sietse
>

> PS. Problem using Axis:
>
> Although I want to make use of Axis2 I tried to use Axis to generate
> sources which also failed. I included this for extra information which
> maybe gives someone a clue about the issue.
>
> With Axis the generation goes fine, the only problem there is one
> generated source which isn't compilable (wrongly generated). This is not
> very handy for the automatic build. I also can't figure out why this is.
> It looks like problems with a combination of xsd:any elements with

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.