Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org> on 2009/05/19 20:52:10 UTC

NE Lucene User's Interest Group

Since everyone else seems to be trying to start these up I figured I
would poll the community and see if there is any interest in the greater
new england ares for a Lucene users group.  Searching over on Google
leads me to believe that such a group doesn't currently exist, and I
think it would certainly be something interesting to attempt.

Sadly. I'm betting that for any such group to succeed it would likely
have to be Boston based, but perhaps there is a secret pocket of Lucene
user's in Maine that I am not aware of.

So, would anyone be interested in a such a thing, with location/topics
of discussion TBD based on interest?  Assuming there is enough interest
in such a thing I would be willing to help organize/plan it, and I think
I could convince my group to discuss our practical application of Lucene
when searching Genomic information.

-Matt