Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fernandes Celinio SGCF <Ce...@socgen.com> on 2009/02/09 10:19:56 UTC

Multi pages - Wizard with Struts 2 ?

Hi,
I have a small workflow where the user needs to register.
In the 1st screen the user chooses a login and a password.
In the 2nd screen the user enters his first name, last name, age, etc
In the 3rd and final screen the user enters her/his address.

The submit final in the 3rd screen should be final :  the data will be
inserted into the database.

What are the different ways to implement it with Struts 2 ?

I read about the SCOPE interceptor, and also about a Spring Web Flow
plugin for Struts 2. Also another scope plugin for Struts 2 etc ...

I did not find detailed examples of the Spring Web Flow plugin, I am
afraid that I will spend too much time with it.

Thanks

Re: Multi pages - Wizard with Struts 2 ?

Posted by Miguel <mi...@gmail.com>.
I've used the scope interceptor and works great, you may create an
action for each screen or a method for each screen and use a redirect
or an action chain to change between screens (after validation).

Si quieres ser más positivo, pierde un electrón
Miguel Ruiz Velasco S.