Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/24 21:51:11 UTC

upgrade to JQuery 2.x?

Hi Team, I'm looking at a new JQuery UI date-picker tool for our blog
entry edit page (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1991) and am
thinking that it may be a good time to also upgrade us to JQuery 2.x.
(http://jquery.com/download/)  We're presently using JQuery 1.4.2,
mostly for the Media file stuff.  An upgrade would affect bloggers using
IE7 or IE8 (they would have to use IE9 or Safari/Chrome/Firefox
instead), but most likely not blog readers who wouldn't be interacting
with the widgets that we're using the JQuery for.  I think using the
latest-and-greatest technologies here will help attract committers,
doing more good for project growth than supporting IE7/IE8 would.

Otherwise, I'll upgrade us to jQuery 1.11.0.

Regards,
Glen

Re: upgrade to JQuery 2.x?

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I'm fine with it, but I believe the whole Admin UI needs quite an upgrade. Upgrading the foundations is just the beginning.