Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net> on 2001/08/16 20:02:48 UTC

Libtool 1.4, and MM....

Quickie:

If MM is no longer being built/used, libtool 1.4 shouldn't be a
problem for httpd or apr, correct?
The reason I ask is, AIX needs to use an alpha versioned libtool to
get in linker flags. 1.4 is stable, and supports this.

If MM is gone, then there is no obstacle to making these projects
libtool 1.4 compatible, as far as ownership is concerned, as I
understand it.
We have Mo DeJong's patch in the archives; it could be adapted to
Justin's autoconf code.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
v.j.orlikowski@gte.net | orlikowski@apache.org | vjo@us.ibm.com

Re: Libtool 1.4, and MM....

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net>.
Never mind. Ian was right. All appears well now.

Victor

Re: Libtool 1.4, and MM....

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net>.
On Thursday, 16 Aug 2001, at 11:20:17,
Ian Holsman wrote:
> I don't think the problem was with libtool, but with autoconf.
>
> I've been building on linux with libtool 1.4 for a couple of months
> all that is required is removing some of the libtool crud files and it
> will work.

I tried libtool 1.4, didn't work initially.
I'll try it again; but there is a part of Mo's patch that addresses
libtool.
Mostly, it's a change to force the installation of new files by libtoolize.

Victor

Re: Libtool 1.4, and MM....

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net>.

Re: Libtool 1.4, and MM....