Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aidan Monroe <km...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/04 22:51:40 UTC

Duplicate Requests

For some reason I am getting duplicate requests
whenever I click a certain <input type="image"> button
on one of my web pages. Can someone help me figure out
why? This only happens when I click this one image
button. It does not happen when I click <input
type="submit"> or hyperlinks that sumbit forms (via
javascript). I've been looking into this for about a
week now and have no clue why it would be happening.

Thanks.

Here is the relevant part of my log file that shows
that RequestProcessor is sending 2 requests to my
Action:

DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:1642) - Get module name for
path /Navigate.do
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:1664) - Module name found:
default
 INFO (RequestProcessor.java:225) - Processing a
'POST' for path '/Navigate'
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:675) -  Looking for
ActionForm bean instance in scope 'request' under
attribute key 'NavigateForm'
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:1642) - Get module name for
path /Navigate.do
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:1664) - Module name found:
default
 INFO (RequestProcessor.java:225) - Processing a
'POST' for path '/Navigate'
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:675) -  Looking for
ActionForm bean instance in scope 'request' under
attribute key 'NavigateForm'
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:751) -  Creating new
ActionForm instance of type
'com.avexus.impresa.client.form.NavigateForm'
DEBUG (RequestUtils.java:756) -  -->
com.avexus.impresa.client.form.NavigateForm@f8f173
DEBUG (RequestProcessor.java:367) -  Storing
ActionForm bean instance in scope 'request' under
attribute key 'NavigateForm'
DEBUG (RequestProcessor.java:790) -  Populating bean
properties from this request
com.avexus.impresa.client.form.NavigateForm@361f38
DEBUG (RequestProcessor.java:367) -  Storing
ActionForm bean instance in scope 'request' under
attribute key 'NavigateForm'
DEBUG (RequestProcessor.java:790) -  Populating bean
properties from this request
DEBUG (RequestProcessor.java:305) -  Looking for
Action instance for class
com.avexus.impresa.client.action.NavigateAction
DEBUG (RequestProcessor.java:321) -   Creating new
Action instance

Re: Duplicate Requests

Posted by Igor Shabalov <ig...@exadel.com>.

	If you have image in form and do submit using JavaScript from “onClick” –
you will get two submits, one from JavaScript and another one from form.

	Igor Shabalov.
	http://www.exadel.com
	http://www.exadel.com/products_strutsstudio.htm

Igor Shabalov