Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/30 02:10:56 UTC

ActiveMQ build takes 3 to 6 hours on Jenkins

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the ActiveMQ builds?
It just seems to me strange that the builds take 3 to 6 hours. Somehow they
are configured to run daily now. I think they are bound to run only on
ubuntu. Consequently ubuntu nodes on Jenkins are permanently blocked.

Those are the projects:
https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ/1256/
https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ-Java7/169/

Maybe its time for extending the build infrastructure @ ASF with some new
nodes? :)

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: ActiveMQ build takes 3 to 6 hours on Jenkins

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I had the same impression, build servers seem to be a grey area. I guess so
far they run pretty "self managed".
However the number of projects grow constantly and continuous builds are a
central part in every project.

Those concrete builds seem to run 3 and 6 hours really, not because they
are queud, its the job itself. Errors in Jenkins so far had the effect that
the build just immediately stopped as failed.
But its not clear if that is an accident or a desired behaviour for those
concrete builds. The only ones that can really answer that are the devs @
activemq.

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.