Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/09/07 03:49:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit ws-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs cvs.xml

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:41:21 -0700
(Subject: Re: cvs commit: ws-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs cvs.xml)
Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
> xml-rpc needs to retain the "xml" -- it's part of the technology's name.
>     We could add a "ws-" prefix, making it "ws-xml-rpc", but should use
> a symlink for a deprecation period to allow people time to switch over.
>
> - Dan

Quite. Agree with you. "ws-xmlrpc" might make sense.

I am not a PMC member of ws, however, what about asking some "graduated"
projects from xml/jakarta ... i mean, james/cocoon/ant/avalon etc...
about how to "switch over" the repository ??

It seems that the ASF lacks a bit the "inheritance" of experience
and knowledge from the others.

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)