Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Steve Hollingsworth <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2015/09/12 23:18:11 UTC

OpenOffice 4.4.1 Now Fails on Windows-7 32-bit

OpenOffice will not install on Windows-7 (I'm using Home Basic 32-bit) as of today.

A week ago the same install file (I did a fresh download today as well) worked fine.

RE: OpenOffice 4.1.1 Now Fails on Windows-7 32-bit

Posted by Steve Hollingsworth <sh...@hotmail.com>.

Sorry for the typo on version.

I'm supposedly a better tech than that -- I've loaded OpenOffice probably a hundred times.

This time, nothing worked.  It was a fresh install of Windows-7.  Restarts didn't change the result.  The error message just said wouldn't run.

NOW ( 2:30 am) it DOES work.  I did delete the Files folder, and then deleted temps (via Ccleaner) and ran CHKDSK first.

Apologies,
. . . . . . . . . . Steve H.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.