Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by wh...@aol.com on 2010/08/25 03:48:44 UTC

how to db.create() with a server admin

I want a user to signup for a couchdb database on my web page
I am using couch.js functions to do this and I can create a new database on the server.

If there is no server admins it works fine. Or if I am logged in as server admin it works fine.
But if I am logged out of futon it will not allow the user to create a db.

How can I do the couch.js db.create() if it requires a server admin account to do so?
I don't want to send my credentials with the request like http://dan:whimsica@localhost:5984 because
then someone could read that from the javascript.

I don't understand how you are supposed to do this.
I also can't be logged in all the time.

How can this work if the login:pass have to be in the javascript?

Dan

Re: how to db.create() with a server admin

Posted by Wout Mertens <wo...@gmail.com>.
You're trying to perform a privileged function as a normal user. You have two options:
1. Make all users admins
2. Create a cgi script on the server that verifies the parameters from the user and creates the db.

Wout.