Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Bang <SB...@alphablox.com> on 2002/04/11 01:32:54 UTC

JSTL taglib directive prefix and

In the JSTL specs, examples show prefixes such as c_rt, yet the <short-name>
in the TLD says "c-rt" should be the prefix.  This would apply to all of the
other rt tags too.  Which is correct?  Shouldn't the <short-name> match the
prefix?  That seems to be implied by the short-name description in the JSP
1.2 specs:

  "a simple default short name that could be used by a JSP page
   authoring tool to create names with a mnemonic value; for
   example, the it may be used as the preferred prefix value in taglib
   directives."

Steve

Steve Bang
Sr. Staff Information Developer
AlphaBlox (http://www.alphablox.com)
(650) 526-1782

Re: JSTL taglib directive prefix and

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Steve Bang wrote:

> In the JSTL specs, examples show prefixes such as c_rt, yet the <short-name>
> in the TLD says "c-rt" should be the prefix.  This would apply to all of the
> other rt tags too.  Which is correct?  Shouldn't the <short-name> match the
> prefix?  That seems to be implied by the short-name description in the JSP
> 1.2 specs:
>
>   "a simple default short name that could be used by a JSP page
>    authoring tool to create names with a mnemonic value; for
>    example, the it may be used as the preferred prefix value in taglib
>    directives."

Yes, good catch -- although <short-name> isn't meant to be canonical, just
suggestive.  The spec's use of underscores is correct, and the TLDs were
wrong; I've changed them.  Thanks, Steve.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com