Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by graham sanderson <gr...@vast.com> on 2013/12/13 02:00:15 UTC

Issue with SizeTieredCompactionStrategy in 2.0.3

I just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6483 for an issue introduced it seems by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6109

Note that the latter feature claims to be “off” by default, however it isn’t immediately clear to me from the patch how that “off” is implemented, and whether it is supposed to go down that code path even when “off"

I’d be interested if anyone can shed some light on that, I’m happy to fix the issue (but would love to “turn it off” in the interim as it spams our ERROR monitoring - I’m guessing there is no other actual downside, since it just fails a subset of compaction runs

Thanks,

Graham.

Re: Issue with SizeTieredCompactionStrategy in 2.0.3

Posted by graham sanderson <gr...@vast.com>.
Thanks Tyler

I guess I was looking at the original patch which had
protected static final double DEFAULT_MAX_COLD_READS_RATIO = 0.025;

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>