Posted to users@sling.apache.org by jblack <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 16:54:27 UTC

Sling Testing Tools testing/samples/integration-tests doesn't build

I was reading about using the sling testing tools here:
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/sling-testing-tools.html

So, I did an SVN checkout of the testing/samples/integration-tests from
here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/testing/samples/integration-tests/

When executing a 'mvn clean install', I get build error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project
org.apache.sling.testing.samples.integrationtests: Could not resolve
dependencies for project
org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.testing.samples.integrationtests:jar:1.0.7-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find
org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.testing.tools:jar:1.0.7-SNAPSHOT in
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

because 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT is not available here:
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.testing.tools/

The latest snapshot version is 1.0.5-SNAPSHOT.

When I change the pom to use 1.0.5-SNAPSHOT, I get compile errors.  I
checked maven.org, and there is a 1.0.6 version there.  But when I changed
the pom to use it, I get test failures.

So, why is there no 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT available?

Re: Sling Testing Tools testing/samples/integration-tests doesn't build

Posted by jblack <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yea, true.  That works.  I was just expecting a copy to be in the apache
repository.  Thanks for the help :)

Re: Sling Testing Tools testing/samples/integration-tests doesn't build

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM, jblack <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Failure to find
> org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.testing.tools:jar:1.0.7-SNAPSHOT in
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository...

You need to build that module first, in testing/tools.

In general, when working on the Sling trunk you should do a full build
from time to time to get the latest snapshots.

-Bertrand