Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by NC <im...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/08 10:45:56 UTC

The Font 'ArialMT' contains bad /Widths.

Hello all,

"The Font 'ArialMT' contains bad /Widths." (PDFBox 1.5)

I get this error message in Adobe Reader when using the Arial TTF provided
with Windows (XP). On the mailing list, I found the message below without an
answer though.

Has anybody found a solution for this in the meantime?

Best Regards,
Nat

Subject:Adobe Reader Error When Using TrueType *Fonts*[image:
From:Bob S.... (rd...@swansongrp.com)Date:Jul 7, 2010 2:29:05 pmList:*
org.apache.pdfbox.users*

I switched my project over to use TrueType *fonts*, and they do work. I'm
using *the* "Arial" *fonts* that came with my Mac system.

However, when Adobe Reader first brings up *the* resulting PDF file, it
displays an error window indicating that "*The* *Font* 'Arial-BoldMT' *
contains* *bad* /Widths".

*The* *fonts* appear to display just fine.

Any thoughts?