Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by MUSEME <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/18 01:33:45 UTC

JavaClassNotFound for MyCapability class in Tomcat 6.0

I  run my test client to start httpd, but Tomcat 6.0 indicates that it cannot
find the Capability class with the following error message displayed in the
Tomcat DOS console

java.lang.RuntimeException: [ID = 'JavaClassNotFound'] The Java class
specified was not found: com.example.www.http_server.MyCapability. Make sure
the correct class or .jar file is in the classpath.

I'm not sure why I am getting this error.
My CLASSPATH contains the http_management.jar (which contains the
MyCapability class)
and the
$TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\http-management\WEB-INF\lib  also contains hte
http_management.jar file

Re: JavaClassNotFound for MyCapability class in Tomcat 6.0 and java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted by MUSEME <ma...@yahoo.com>.
It worked !!!  I installed Apache 5 and used JDK 1.5.  The problem is
obviously that Tomcat 6 and JDK 1.6 does not yet support MUSE.  Thanks again
for all your advice.

Posted by MUSEME <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.
Hi,
You may want to try to remove all duplicate references to this
capability from the CLASSPATH, and only have one in the jar included in
your War.  If I remember correctly, I had a problem before where if you
have more than one of the same capability class in the classpath, Muse
throws an error saying it is unable to find the class.  Perhaps because
it doesn't know which to load?

Also, when you unpack your War, you should have this:
\WEB-INF\lib\http_management.jar

And in your jar, it should look like this, including the full directory
structure:
\com\example\www\http_server\MyCapability.class

muse.xml) as com.example.www.http_server.MyCapability

[...]

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/D
escription</desc:capability-uri>

<desc:java-capability-class>org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleDescri
ption</desc:java-capability-class>
        </desc:capability>
        <desc:capability
xmlns:desc="http://ws.apache.org/muse/descriptor">

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/I
dentity</desc:capability-uri>

<desc:java-capability-class>org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleIdenti
ty</desc:java-capability-class>
        </desc:capability>
        <desc:capability
xmlns:desc="http://ws.apache.org/muse/descriptor">

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/M
anageabilityCharacteristics</desc:capability-uri>

<desc:java-capability-class>org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleManage

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/Get</desc:cap

Posted by MUSEME <ma...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/Description</desc:capability-uri>

<desc:java-capability-class>org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleDescription</desc:java-capability-class>
        </desc:capability>
        <desc:capability xmlns:desc="http://ws.apache.org/muse/descriptor">

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/Identity</desc:capability-uri>

<desc:java-capability-class>org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleIdentity</desc:java-capability-class>
        </desc:capability>
        <desc:capability xmlns:desc="http://ws.apache.org/muse/descriptor">

<desc:capability-uri>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/muws/capabilities/ManageabilityCharacteristics</desc:capability-uri>

<desc:java-capability-class>org.apache.muse.ws.dm.muws.impl.SimpleManageabilityCharacteristics</desc:java-capability-class>
        </desc:capability>

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by MUSEME <ma...@yahoo.com>.