Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com> on 2005/02/18 18:10:56 UTC

Xalan 1.9/Xerces 2.6 Compatibility?

Hello,

I am trying to get xsec to build using XCode on Mac OS X. I have managed
to get a project put together that "solves" (via a hack) the header file
issues, etc., but the build chokes because I have Xalan version 1.9 and
Xerces 2.6. When I started this I was a total Apache newbie, and I began
by getting the latest Xerces release, then adding Xalan, etc., and
didn't pay close enough attention to the compatibility requirements for
the current Xsec release.

Now I have two things I can do. One is go back and get the compatible
versions of Xerces and Xalan and start over. I'm going to start work on
that. The second is to ask this question:

Is there a development version of Xsec available that is compatible with
the latest Xalan and Xerces releases?

Thanks,
Rush

Re: Xalan 1.9/Xerces 2.6 Compatibility?

Posted by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com>.
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Rush Manbert wrote:
>
>>> I can't speak for Xalan, but the 1.1 version does support Xerces 2.6
>>> just
>>> fine. Is your failure in the Xalan dependency?
>>>
>>> -- Scott
>>>

>> My apologies. Yes, the problems are with Xalan. I'm looking at them
>> again to see if I can make it work.
>

> Just so I understand - is the problem between Xalan and Xerces (Xalan
> is  very picky about its Xerces partner) or between Xalan and xsec?
>
> I run an interop compile nightly against current CVS checkouts of
> Xalan/Xerces and always try to keep backwards compatbility of anything
> in CVS - but you might find that xsec 1.1 requires Xalan 1.8.  I have
> this memory of having to fix something a few months ago to match a
> change in Xalan.
>
> Cheers,
>     Berin

The problems are between Xalan and Xsec. Method signatures have changed
in at least two classes. Xsec will compile if I edit the coinfig file to
exclude Xalan. That's what I have decided to do for now, since I'm
trying to get a demo going.

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Posted by Rush Manbert <ru...@manbert.com>.

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.