Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sean Bigdatafun <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/03 15:23:45 UTC

Heapsize you are running on?

I understand that too much heapsize will cause GC pauses, which is
definitely a bad thing noboday wants to see.

But really, does anyone run HBase with heapsize higher than 8GB? We know
almost any DB-like system is normally memory hungry (or put it in another
word, the more memory the better). This makes me recall Hypertable guy's
claim about its advantage about memory management

Do not want to start a religious debate between HBase vs Hypertable here,
and my question is really about heapsize setup. Can someone share his/her
production experience?

--Sean